Did You Know?
Every two seconds another child become an orphan
It is estimated there are between 143 million and 210 million orphans worldwide (recent UNICEF report.) ; and every two seconds another child becomes an orphan. 42,000 new orphans every day 400,000 orphans die every year due to malnutrition 70% say that food is their greatest need 60 million orphans go to bed hungry Sixty million orphans cry themselves to sleep every night with pain in their empty bellies … alone, scared, and hungry. A lack of food is the orphan’s biggest problem; somehow, the education is the second biggest problem of orphans.
- Former child refugee becomes hero to hundreds of orphans.
- Recounting the rescue of Haiti’s orphans.
- The girl who went from war torn orphan to professional ballerina.
- In pictures: Haiti’s earthquake orphans.
- In pictures: Orphans’ Christmas in South Africa.
- In pictures: Mozambican orphans with cameras.
- Children of Hope School and Orphanage, Cap Haiti, HaitiChildren of Hope in partnership with HAICI (USA) and Bilal Foundation has build a primary school in Cap Haitian, Haiti Read More
- Read Foundation, Khyber Pukhtunkwa, Islamabad, PakistanChildren of Hope, along with the help of READ foundation, is working to address the educational needs of flood affected children, through the sponsorship of two schools in the Charsada district. Read More